Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chingay 2012

Recently come back from China then got time to sort out pictures and post! These pictures were taken from rehearsal and actual performance day.

The only chance I can sit the the audience area to watch the show was during the rehearsal. I like the water idea~ Though it really made the performers uncomfortable. Still it was nice to watch.

The party marches in~

A group photo taken inside the resting area in the pit building. We were kind of lucky because most performers' resting area is outside, near to the performance area. But we can stay in this air con room until it's our turn.

My t-shirt says Don't Touch Me!!! Recently I got very little time to do my own stuff and therefore I dun have time to photoshop my photos anymore. The photos you see nowadays are of the original me!

My colleague and me~ She is the one who jio-ed me to join this show. It must be surprising to many that I actually agreed to do this dragon dance. Actually I just wanted to experience it. Life is short, so try all things before you are to old and you can't try anymore! Of course when I say all things, there is still a limit. Like I will never try bungy jumping!

Marching in... with the heavy plaque showing Yio Chu Kang.. Waiting for our turn to dash into the water~!


Pinky dragon~ So nice! There were 3 colours, green, orange and pink so I am lucky to be in the pink team cuz I like pink!



2 pan pans getting married! Cute hor? I think being in the trishaw is shiok la, dun have to tread in the water and wet your dress~


Balloons of the 12 horoscopes~



These fu lu shou(s) were wearing mangs... And then they drag the mangs into the water and the costume were soaked! I felt so wasted because there were a total of 99 fu lu shou(s)! Meaning 99 costumes were ruined just like that!!! You can see that the below part were all black black already.. and the colour fell off...



Cute pandas!!


This time there were many lions and dragons made of different materials. There were even these lions made of balloons! Very good leh, cuz very light. Not like my dragon, heavy like mad.

Adeline, acting as mermaid. The pinkest one smiling at the camera is her..

The helpers were still very high after the show, they were shouting and cheering all the way.

The place where they store our pink dragon, you can see the green dragon too. I prefer the pink one~!

Some friends were surprised to know I took part in dragon dance this time. They are used to seeing me as hua dan, doing all those softy or sickly actions. Suddenly I do something so butch, they not use to it. LOL.. it's ok la, I am very random one mah, very unpredictable and I like to remain unpredictable. HAhahaha...

No comments: